click an icon to view class schedules and descriptions
Visual Arts Classes
Spring Session: 1/30/23 - 5/6/23
All enrollments are processed online through Active Network.
- NEW! EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Enroll before 1/3 to save 15% on your class fees: Use code: EARLY2023 at checkout.
- MULTI-CLASS OR MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNT: enroll in more than one class and receive 10% off. (Two classes or two children must be enrolled in the same transaction.) Use code: MULTI2023 at checkout.
SCHOLARSHIPS are available for families with financial need.
- Scholarship applications are due by February 4th. (Late scholarship applications will be handled on a case by case basis, as funding allows.)
- Click here to learn more and apply early.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Masks may be required, depending upon level of community spread. Learn more.
TRY IT WEEK:
- Find the perfect class for your child! Try any age appropriate class (without a commitment) during the first week of the session, Jan. 30-Feb. 4. Try It – we know they’ll like it!
Join us for an exciting journey into creativity! In this class, students will explore and sample various artforms, mediums and techniques on their path to inspiration and creation! Students will develop skills in drawing and painting and will design and devise three dimensional sculpture using paper and clay. Students will also experiment with combinations of mixed media. The final class is a favorite, featuring a gallery style show put on by the students to showcase both their favorite and most challenging works.
CLASS: Art Explorers
AGE: 6-8 years
TEACHING ARTIST: Erika Baker
Drawing & Painting
Through drawing and painting instruction, students will discover their creativity, artistic voice and unique style. Students start simple and hone their skills in drawing and painting at their own individual pace. As students progress, some may begin work toward building an original body of work that could be used as part of a portfolio.
CLASS: Drawing and Painting
TEACHING ARTIST: Paige Ahlenius
Pop artists look to everyday, popular things as the subject of their work. From Andy Warhol to Keith Haring to Banksy, learn all there is to know about the Pop Art movement, which started in the 1960s and continues today. We will explore pop art throughout the decades and make our own pop art through painting, sculpture, and more!
CLASS: Pop Art
TEACHING ARTIST: Amanda Lea
All enrollments are processed online through Active Camp and Class Manager. There is a small (4%) fee added to the class costs to cover part of the administration fees.