Careers at KCYA
Kansas City Young Audiences needs interns to help us in the office with data entry, event planning, and supervising the many students who attend the Community School of the Arts. Interns have a rewarding experience by assisting students to discover their artistic abilities and by supporting the work of our very busy staff. Learn more about our Internship Program....
Become a Teaching Artist
Kansas City Young Audiences contracts with professional artists to deliver programs to schools and to teach at the Community School of the Arts. Learn more about applying to our roster...
Open Staff Positions
BUILDING FACILITIES ASSISTANT
Kansas City Young Audiences is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a part time Building Facilities Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented and flexible, self-motivated and organized, with good communication skills. In addition to maintenance work, the Building Facilities Assistant will assist with routine cleaning, meeting/event set up and building logistics.
The Building Facilities Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director. We are seeking to fill a part-time position working 12-16 hours per week. The ideal schedule would be 4 mornings per week from 6:30am-10:30am, with some flexibility, including occasional weekends. This is a new position and candidates should be flexible and willing to take on additional assignments as the situation evolves.
- Set up and strike furniture for special events, meetings and classes.
- Assist with building logistics as needed.
- Facilitate building HVAC and service calls
- Facilitate contracted snow removal services
- Some light maintenance/repair work, including painting and monitoring building supplies
- Trash removal and light cleaning of offices, meeting rooms, classrooms, dance studios, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas.
- Special projects
- Occasional work on a ladder or lift.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing building maintenance and/or painting and/or janitorial services, preferably in a school environment.
- Janitorial and/or building maintenance experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to work independently
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Deadline: Open until filled
No phone calls or recruiters please. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Building Facilities Assistant” in the reference line of the email to ensure proper handling.
$12-$15 per hour, 12-16 hours per week, Paid Time Off
It is the fundamental policy of Kansas City Young Audiences to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status.