Kansas City Young Audiences Community School of the Arts believes that all children deserve access to the arts! With the support of our funders we are able to provide scholarships on a 'first-come, first-served' basis for group classes. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer scholarships for private lessons.
General Scholarship Information
- A limited number of scholarships are available each session.
- Scholarships may be awarded for up to 60% of class fee (or up to 80% of Summer Camp fees)
- Only one group class per session (or up to 2 weeks of camp per summer) may be taken on scholarship
- Applications will be accepted beginning 6 weeks before the session.
- 1/3 of the total amount due per student must be paid prior to the first day of class.
- Family must be current in its payments to KCYA.
- Student must be 18 years of age or younger
- Students must attend classes regularly to continue receiving scholarship
- Parents of scholarship recipients are encouraged to volunteer 2 hours per session
To Apply for a Scholarship
Completed Scholarship Application Form (Download here!)
Documentation of Financial Need (Provide one of the following documents)
- The 1st page of the IRS 1040 form from most recent year
- AFDC/TANF award letter
- SSI (Based on adult applicant benefits)
- Current Unemployment information
This table does not guarantee a scholarship award and is a rough guideline based on number of dependent children at home and adjusted gross income. You must complete the scholarship application form and submit documentation of financial need to apply for a scholarship.
|# of children||less than $35K||between $36-$45K||between $46-$55K||between $56-$65K|