for Schools and Community Groups
Arts education can benefit all students as they return to school, whether in-person, online, or in a blended fashion. Our teaching artists and staff have been working diligently to explore and create programs that engage and educate your students virtually.
Because teachers are utilizing many approaches to distance learning, we've developed options to meet your individual classroom needs.
- Asynchronous programs are pre-recorded and can be shared with students remotely or presented to a gathered class
- Synchronous programs occur live (remotely) and can be streamed via Zoom or other meeting software.
Asynchronous Programs (pre-recorded)
These pre-recorded performance will be made available via Google Classroom for a specific number of days and/or for a specific number of viewings. Many of these artists are offering an optional a 'live' meet the artist discussion before or after the class views the performance. (*optional synchronous (live) component available)
- Arabiqa* with Karim Nagi (grades K-12)
- Election Special* with Jay and Leslie (grades 3-6)
- Emotion Detectives* with Jay and Leslie (grades PK-2)
- Excuse Me Are You a Dragon?* with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades PK-4)
- I’d Rather Be a Hummingbird* with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades PK-3)
- Letters, Numbers, Shapes and Colors* with Jay and Leslie (grades PK-1)
- Minding your SEL's* with Harlan Brownlee (grades 2-5)
- Respect the Rhythm in You with Jim Cosgrove (grades PK-6)
- The Great Race* with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades PK-4)
- The Ogre’s Tail* with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades PK-3)
Synchronous Programs (live)
- Fire in the Soul with Lit-Hop, Ink. (grades PK-12)
- Inspriational Hip Hop Assemply with Lit-Hop, Ink. (grades PK-12)
- The Rhythm of Emotions with Jim Cosgrove (grades K-2, 3-5)
Workshops (*also available as residencies)
- Act Like An Animal* with Diane Bulan (grades 2-6)
- Animal Adaptations* with Harlan Brownlee or Diane Bulan (grades K-6)
- Anansi the Spider with Harlan Brownlee (grades K-3)
- Biomes Boogie: The Tropical Rainforest* with Harlan Brownlee (grades K-3)
- Construction Physics* with Paige Ahlenius (grades K-8)
- Environmental Art Workshops with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades K-5)
- Make Good Choices with Junie B. Jones (residency only) with Kim Ratliff (grades K-2)
- Minding your SELs* with Harlan Brownlee (grades 2-5)
- Paper Mouth Puppet Workshop with StoneLion Puppet Theatre (grades PK-12)
- Professor I-Drop, The Juggling Scientist with Jay Cady (grades 3-6)
- Simple Machines- Bodies at Work* with Harlan Brownlee (grades K-5)
- The Very Creative Classroom: Eric Carle (residency only) with Kim Ratliff (grades PK-2)
- Weather on the Move* with Harlan Brownlee (grades 2-6)
- Writes of Passage with Lit-Hop, Ink. (grades 3-12)
Use keyword "virtual" to search our full catalog.
Please contact our Programming Team via email at Booknow@kcya.org with any questions or to book your program!