Community School of the Arts Assistant - Part Time
Kansas City Young Audiences seeks a part time Community School of the Arts (CSA) Assistant with strong customer service and computer skills. The CSA Assistant is responsible for answering the door and telephone, registering students for CSA classes and camps, interacting with parents and teaching artists, overseeing facility rentals, maintaining facility schedules, coordinating event preparation, processing payments, filing, and database entry. The CSA Assistant would also support other staff on individual or group projects as requested. The approximate schedule is Tuesday-Friday (3:30pm – 8:00pm); Saturdays (8:00 am – 4:00). Approximately 25 hours/week. Some flexibility required for occasional evening events. An ideal candidate could start immediately.
- Provide outstanding communication and customer service to parents, students and teaching artists, with focus on building long-term customer relationships
- Process and maintain accurate student enrollments, parent data, and class schedules, using agency database
- Answer telephone and greet clients and visitors in friendly and professional manner
- Coordinate and assist with execution of all agency events including: CSA student performances/showcases, arts-themed birthday parties, family events, external fundraising events, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee all facility rentals
- Assist with other organizational needs as requested
Education: High School Degree Required, College degree preferred.
Experience: Previous customer service experience and background in the Arts and/or Education preferred.
- Strong customer service skills needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task, demonstrate adaptability and be organized/detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Database management experience
- Event coordination experience
- Retirement 401k
- Dental and Disability
- Paid personal days off
Please send cover letter resume, and contact information for three professional references to: Rachel Cain, Director of Arts Education at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference given to applications received by May 31, 2019.
No phone calls please.