Sparking the Arts in Young Hearts
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
We are thrilled with the success of our first virtual luncheon! This year's benefit luncheon looked quite different than it has in previous years. Sadly, we were unable to gather in person, but with a little modern technology and an inspiring video, we managed to celebrate our mission and raise vital funds that support the work we do throughout the city.
We owe a big "Thank you!" to Honorary Chair Michael Fields, to our incredible sponsors, especially our presenting sponsors: The Richard J. Stern Foundation for the Arts, Commerce Bank, Trustee, and Joan Horan, and all who participated in the luncheon video!
Please join us in one more round of applause for our honorees:
- Joan Horan – The Trudy Award
- Jodie Lin – The Distinguished Educator Award
- Paige Ahlenius – The Lighton Prize for Teaching Artist Excellence
It's not too late to watch the luncheon video! Experience inspiring and entertaining performances by students and teaching artists, and join in celebrating those in the community who embody the KCYA mission to engage all youth in the arts, promote creativity, and inspire success in education.
The 2020 Spark the Arts in Young Hearts Luncheon
Generous donors LIKE YOU make it possible for Kansas City Young Audiences to:
- underwrite in-school programs that serve more than 84,000 students in Title I Schools.
- Offer more than 300 scholarships that allow kids with financial need to participate in camps, classes, and performances at the Community School of the Arts.
Despite the challenges presented by Covid-19, our mission continues to inspire us. We are determined to find innovative ways to connect children with quality arts experiences!
Your support is vital to our success. Thank you!