Development Assistant - Full Time
Kansas City Young Audiences (KCYA) seeks a full-time Development Assistant to support ongoing fundraising, grant writing and development activities. This position, as described below, is 30 hours/week (occasional weeks requiring up to 35 hours). The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Development. In addition to development activities, he or she would also support volunteer and community outreach activities.
- Assist with Fundraising Event Support
- Acknowledge gifts and maintain constituent records
- Assist with Annual Solicitation and other large Development mailings
- Assist with Grant proposals, reporting and prospect research
- Take KCYA Board Meeting minutes
- Assist with volunteer recruitment, training and coordination
- Help coordinate multiple annual special events
Position requires schedule flexibility to meet the expectations of the job, including occasional evenings and weekends to participate in KCYA special events, meeting with constituents, etc. Development Assistant would spend approximately 40% of their time on Fundraising Event support, 30% on clerical and computer work (including database management), and 30% on grant work.
Education: At least two years of college or relevant work experience. Degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, English, Education, or arts-related field is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong self-motivation and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate the mission and vision of Kansas City Young Audiences and a passion for arts education.
- Excellent research skills
- Experience with editing and proofreading
- Database management experience with Abila Fundraising 50 or other fundraising database software
- Experience with online fundraising methods and platforms
Please send cover letter (include compensation requirements), resume, and contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled, preference given to applications received by May 31, 2019. In email subject line and cover letter, PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING.
Commensurate with experience
- Employer-Provided Health Plan
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan
No phone calls please.