Spring Dance Performance Class
DANCE-IN AT THE DRIVE-IN
June 1st at The Boulevard Drive-In
Join us this Spring for a new twist on our dance performance classes:
- 2 weeks of rehearsals at KCYA (May 3 – 16)
- 1 week of filming at KCYA, with costumes and lighting (May 17 - 22)
- Bring your family and friends to enjoy the performance video on the big screen at the Boulevard Drive-In (June 1st)!
Performance classes will meet on their regularly scheduled day for the first 3 weeks in May (if necessary, some classes may need to be combined). During the 3rd week a professional videographer will be on hand to record the performances in the KCYA auditorium - with lights and costumes.
The resulting movie will then be shown at the Boulevard Drive-In Theatre (1051 Merriam Lane) on June 1st. The show will go on, even if it’s raining. (In case of severe storms, June 2 is our alternate date).
This plan provides our dancers an opportunity to learn and perform a choreographed dance for their families and friends, while keeping everyone as safe as possible. We hope you can join us!
Fees include: enrollment, costumes, one performance T-shirt and one car pass to the Drive-In.
$125.00 per dancer in any class (except Ballet IV – VI)
$145.00 per dancer in Ballet IV – VI
(a 4% registration fee will be added by our class management software)
*Limited scholarships are available for those who qualify.
Additional car passes to the Drive-In must be purchased in advance for $10.
Additional t-shirts may be ordered for $10 each (before April 15)
Note: We won’t be selling flowers or taking individual dancer photos.
Enrollment and a down payment are due by Saturday, April 3rd.
Please note, all students sign up as individuals to perform with their class. If participation in a given class is low, students may be combined with another class for the performance which may affect rehearsal dates.
Active Camp and Class Manager tips:
- Try searching by DATE (after May 3)
- Additional car passes can be ordered under Session Options
- Performer’s t-shirt size should be completed when filling out the registration form
- Additional t-shirts can be ordered under Merchandise Items
Please call the office at 816.531.4022 to enroll over the phone.