Introducing the Community Arts Support Team (CAST)!
Why join CAST?
- Because you care about children, education and the arts.
- Because you want to contribute to this worthwhile mission.
- Because you'll get to observe fantastic artists teaching great programs.
- Because you'll get to see children having truly enriching arts experiences.
- Because the schedule is flexible.
- Because we need you!
Some of the volunteer opportunities are as follows:
The role of a KCYA Advocate is to create greater awareness of KCYA programs throughout the community and within the schools. Advocates will:
- Provide feedback and documentation on programs delivered in schools.
- Represent KCYA at other community events: art fairs, open houses, business associations, homes association meetings, PTA meetings, etc.
- Help identify members of the community who share the mission of KCYA.
Community School of hte Arts (CSA) Committee
KCYA holds several Community School of the Arts and public events each year, where volunteers can assist with a variety of assignments from passing out flyers and brochures to taking pictures, selling or serving snacks or welcoming our guests at the event. These opportunities include:
- Halloween Family Fun Night (October)
- Dance and Theatre Performance (January, May, July)
- Summer's Last Blast (Social & Open House) August
- Raffle committee (fundraising for CSA)
Committees Chaired by a member of the KCYA Board of Directors:
- Special Events Committee: work with other volunteers and KCYA staff to assist in planning and implementing one or more special events, raising both funds and awareness.
- Communications Committee: work with other volunteers and KCYA staff to develop and implement a comprehensive communications and public relations plan.
- Marketing Committee: work with other volunteers and KCYA staff to develop and implement an integrated marketing campaign highlighting the KCYA brand.
- Fundraising Committee: work with other volunteers and KCYA staff on fundraising activities
Kansas City Young Audiences has highly motivated staff members who are always grateful for an extra hand or two in the office. We would love to schedule weekday, evening or Saturday volunteers to:
- Answer phones
- Assist with CSA registration during peak periods
- Assist with mailings, filing and data entry
Please call or email Christian Buller for more information. 816.531.4022 ext. 1015