employment and internships
Kansas City Young Audiences needs interns to help us in the office with data entry, event planning, and supervising the many students who attend the Community School of the Arts. Interns have a rewarding experience by assisting students to discover their artistic abilities and by supporting the work of our very busy staff.
Kansas City Young Audiences contracts with professional artists to deliver programs to schools and to teach at the Community School of the Arts. Learn more about applying to our roster...
We are looking for two part-time Building Facilities Assistants
Kansas City Young Audiences is currently seeking energetic and highly motivated individuals to join our team as Janitors/Building Facilities Assistants. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, flexible and willing to take on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed. In addition to janitorial work, the Building Facilities Assistant will assist with meeting/event set up and assisting with building safety protocols as needed.
The Building Facilities Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director. We are seeking to fill two part-time positions with each working 20-25 hours per week. The ideal candidates must be available to work late afternoon and evenings as well as some weekend hours. These are new positions and candidates should be flexible and willing to take on additional assignments as the situation evolves.
- Responsibilities will include cleaning and sanitizing offices, meeting rooms, classrooms, dance studios, bathrooms, kitchen and public areas.
- Set up and strike furniture for special events, meetings and classes.
- Assist with building safety protocols as needed.
- Facilitate building HVAC and service calls.
- Facilitate contracted snow removal services.
- Some light maintenance/repair work.
- Occasional work on a lift 25ft high.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing building maintenance and/or janitorial services, preferably in a school environment.
- Janitorial and/or building maintenance experience
- Good diplomacy skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience working as part of a team and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Candidates must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to work on a ladder or lift up to 25ft high
Deadline: December 1
No phone calls or recruiters please. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Building Facilities Assistant” in the reference line of the email to ensure proper handling.
$12-$13 per hour, 20-25 hours per week, Paid Time Off, 403 (b) Retirement Plan
It is the fundamental policy of Kansas City Young Audiences to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status.